The majority of us ladies have, at one stage or another, gotten into bed with the intention of getting up early for a brisk 6am run or an energising 7am spin class.
We're wholly convinced we'll pull this amazing feat off, and we close our eyes safe in the knowledge that tomorrow morning is the day we're going to turn our lives around.
We would say goodbye to tedious early evening cardio sessions which we desperately try to fit in between homework sessions and playdates and say hello to a work-out session worthy of Hollywood royalty.
"The early bird catches the worm," we think smugly to ourselves as we enthusiastically set a time on our phone we haven't seen our last night feed.
If you;'ve ever planned an early morning exercise session, you may recognise the following ten moments.
1. That's it! I'm actually going to make that 6 am aerobics class this time.
I can do this. I know I can do this.
2. It might be hard, but what's a little hardship when your health is at stake!
I know! I'll set an encouraging message to go along with my alarm.
3. Preparation is key here so I gotta get my head in the game.
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail, as they say!
4. Laying out my favourite gym outfit will make it so much easier!
It's all about positive thinking.
5. People will start to know me as the woman who attends dawn yoga sessions.
I would like to be known as that woman - Hell, I will be known as that woman!
6. Ahhh, a little stretch before bed and then a solid eight-hour sleep will have me in tip-top condition for the morning's activity.
Come at me, alarm!
7. Is that the alarm?! Who set the alarm for this ungodly hour! Is it still dark out?!
Did I do this?!
8. Where is it? Where is it?
"You'll feel amazing after your session so, up you get!" Did I write that drivel?!
9. I can't have been in my right mind when I planned this last night.
I'll press snooze and then I'll get up, I promise.
10. Is that the alarm again?!
Not a chance - I'll go tomorrow.