Most of us love nothing more than a good old snog when we come in after a long hard day, but while it is certainly enjoyable, did you know that it has a number of beneficial qualities as well?
Here are eight reasons why you need to do it more often!
1. Ok, it might seem a little gross, but, according to Medical Hypotheses, kissing can help build up your immunity against cytomegalovirus – part of the Herpes family.
2. It releases endorphins which help you feel happier.
3. During a passionate kiss, your body releases adrenaline which can help reduce any pain in your body.
4. It can help you feel connected with your partner.
5. Kissing gets you in the mood for sex, which in turn not only benefits your self-esteem but your heart too.
6. It also helps to relieve stress by lowering your cortisol (the stress hormone) level.
7. A good, passionate kiss shows that you and your other half are still attracted to each other.
8. According to Dr. Stills from R.E.D Alert: Get Real and Heal, kissing burns about two calories a minute.