Washing dishes is a chore few of us enjoy, but unfortunately, they’re not going to do themselves.
Before those greasy pots and dirty plates start to stack up, try these handy hacks to fly through the dishes in record time.
1. Make it fun. Why not make the dish washing process as pleasant as possible? Try nice smelling soap, and have a fun dishcloth at hand, to make you smile as you work. Listening to some of your favourite music while you wash will also brighten up this boring chore.
2. Pour grease from pans into some used tin foil to cut down on the number of dirty dishes to scrub.
3. Sprinkle a little baking soda on a lemon slice and use it to scrub away messes on your plates.
4. A splash of vinegar in your rinse water can eliminate water spots.
5. Allow burned pots and pans to soak overnight with either baking soda or salted water. In the morning, attack the pot with a sponge or bring the water in it to a slow boil. The burn marks should easily fade away.
6. Keep a little dish near the sink as a holder for rings.
7. Use a soap dispenser with a motion sensor so you don't have to touch a pump with your sticky hands.
8. Use scrunched up tin foil as a pot scrubber and simply throw away when done.
9. Keep sponges dry and mildew-free with a vertically-standing binder clip.
10. Group dishes together. After a big dinner party, the load of dishes you need to tackle can be daunting. If you group dishes by category, it will eliminate some of the chaos and the task will feel much more manageable.
Image via Pinterest.