Is it teething time for your little one?
Fertility doctors have a battery of tests they can run to help pinpoint and correct the cause of your infertility.
If you are under 30 and have been trying to conceive for at least one year, or are over the age of 30 and have been unsuccessful for six months, it may be time to seek the help of a fertility expert.
Once you see the doctor, there are a number of common fertility tests she will run. Your doctor will run a test to check the levels of hormones in your body. Additionally, there will be questions about your sexual habits.
Your husband will undergo semen analysis to determine if there are any problems with his fertility.
There are also x-rays of your uterus and Fallopian tubes. The doctor may perform an analysis of your body temperature.
Once you have completed these tests, you can begin to make decisions regarding which fertility treatments you want to perform. There are a host of options and many are expensive. Your doctor can isolate the cause of your infertility and thus point you in the proper direction to solve it.



Hello Mama!
Help us help you by allowing us and our partners to remember your device as having browsed MummyPages and serve you better content and ads

We're on a mission to help our mums and their families thrive by informing, connecting and entertaining.

Join us in our mission by consenting to the use of cookies and IP address recognition by us and our partners to serve you content (including ads) best suited to your interests, both here and around the web.

We promise never to share any other information that may be deemed personal unless you explicitly tell us it's ok.

If you want more info, see our privacy policy.