Professor Mary Wingfield is one of Ireland’s foremost fertility experts, and she has helped hundreds of people to conceive over the last thirty years.
In The Fertility Handbook she has created an up-to-date and authoritative guide for anyone who wants to maximise their chance of pregnancy.
This book provides a clear and holistic approach to fertility, including:
- Understanding your body and maximising your chances of conceiving naturally
- A pre-conception plan with sections on lifestyle, nutrition and the role of stress
- The common (and uncommon) causes of fertility problems in both men and women
- Demystifying complex treatments such as IVF, IUI and egg freezing
- Up-to-date information on ethics, funding and the law both nationally and internationally
- Options for single people and same-sex couples from a modern perspective
- Insightful testimonials from patients dealing with fertility problems and the emotional impact of treatment
The Fertility Handbook is a must-read for anyone planning a pregnancy now or in the future.
All royalties from the sale of this book will be donated to the Merrion Fertility Foundation, which funds fertility treatment.
Mary Wingfield is a leading light in fertility treatment in Ireland for over a generation. If you are looking to know more about maximising your fertility, having a baby or what to do if you’re having problems this book is a really good read.
Dr Ciara Kelly - Alive and Kicking, Newstalk.
Dr Rhona Mahony, Master, National Maternity Hospital described the book as ‘Wonderfully accessible and hugely informative. Whether seeking or delivering care for infertility, this book will be invaluable’.