Is it teething time for your little one?

 

A two-year-old boy has been pulled from a swimming pool in New South Wales after being "immersed in the water for a short period of time".

 

According to reports, the youngster's family performed CPR but he was unconscious when paramedics arrived.

 

He was then taken by ambulance to Shoalhaven Hospital in Nowra, before being airlifted to the Sydney Children's Hospital at Randwick, according to the Mail Online

 

 

The incident, which occurred at noon local time, comes not long after the deaths of 23-month-old twins - Charli and Robbie Manago - who drowned while playing in a swimming pool, also in Australia. 

 

While these stories are heartbreaking to read, they reiterate the importance of keeping children safe near water: at the local swimming pool, in the bath or when near a pond, lake or river. 

 

 

They also highlight just how vital it is for parents to know how to perform CPR so they can be prepared in case of an accident.

Latest

Trending

Hello Mama!
Help us help you by allowing us and our partners to remember your device as having browsed MummyPages and serve you better content and ads

We're on a mission to help our mums and their families thrive by informing, connecting and entertaining.

Join us in our mission by consenting to the use of cookies and IP address recognition by us and our partners to serve you content (including ads) best suited to your interests, both here and around the web.

We promise never to share any other information that may be deemed personal unless you explicitly tell us it's ok.

If you want more info, see our privacy policy.