Is it teething time for your little one?

From the hacking of baby monitors to attempted abductions, there are so many everyday dangers that parents need to be vigilant over, and this latest report from the States proves this in a particularly shocking manner.


It has been reported today that an eight-year-old boy is being tested for sexually transmitted infections this week after finding a used condom in his school’s playground.


The child reportedly mistook the condom for a balloon and put it in his mouth in an attempt to blow it up.


The incident first came to the attention of a teacher on duty in the playground, who took the ‘balloon’ out of his mouth only to make the horrifying discovery. According to emails sent between the school and the child’s mother, the teacher threw the condom away, meaning authorities have not been able to test it.



The boy is now being tested for herpes, hepatitis C and chlamydia, among other dangerous viruses and infections.


The child’s mother, who has asked not to be named, told local media that her son now faces testing for the above-mentioned conditions for years to come. Officials, meanwhile, have said that the risk of the child contracting a disease are low.


The boy’s mum now wants the school district to pay for the child’s tests and medical examination, a claim which the school’s insurance company is refusing.




Hello Mama!
Help us help you by allowing us and our partners to remember your device as having browsed MummyPages and serve you better content and ads

We're on a mission to help our mums and their families thrive by informing, connecting and entertaining.

Join us in our mission by consenting to the use of cookies and IP address recognition by us and our partners to serve you content (including ads) best suited to your interests, both here and around the web.

We promise never to share any other information that may be deemed personal unless you explicitly tell us it's ok.

If you want more info, see our privacy policy.