A walking holiday is a great chance to get back to nature, get in touch with your surroundings and soak up some fresh air and (hopefully!) some sunshine.
Whether you are planning on walking the Camino, staying at home or hiking up the hills, there are a few things you should definitely put on your checklist.
- Hiking boots
- Waterproof jacket
- Windproof fleece
- Base layer
- A torch
- Sun hat
- Wool hat or head scarf
- Spare batteries
- A compass
- Tinfoil blanket (if you are going to be sleeping outside)
- A first aid kit: plasters, bug spray, antiseptic, bandages, and any prescribed medication
- Your phone charger, spare battery if possible
- A walking/ trekking pole
- A whistle
- Luminous clothing for walking at night
- Hand sanitiser
- Spare pair of thick socks
- A plastic bag for wet clothes
If you are going with a group tour, make sure you include any items that they might recommend onto your list.