We're fountains of knowledge and always eager to impart advice and encouragement at a moment's notice.
Which is why it's so hideous when our advice not only falls on deaf ears, but actually backfires completely.
Here are just ten times our kind words of advice blew up in our face.
1. The time you told your child to bring a jacket because it was going to rain.
It didn't rain.
2. The time you told your teen they can't treat the house like a hotel.
They proved you wrong didn't they?
3. The time you told them they couldn't live on cereal all weekend.
How many boxes did that cost you?
4. The time you told them how important sleep was.
You only have yourself to blame when you're dragging them out of bed every morning.
5. The time you told them to just be themselves.
Turns out they can be pretty obnoxious.
6. The time you told them money doesn't grow on trees.
Explains why you're outside raking alone, doesn't it?
7. The time you told them not to go with the crowd.
How good does that mohawk look now?
8. The time you told them you weren't angry, just disappointed.
Well, that's them off the hook, isn't it?
9. The time you told them not to embarrass you.
Well, that worked out well.
10. The time you encouraged their love of music and sport.
The non-stop ringing in your ears and the numerous broken vases is the price you paid for that one.