5 foods that you probably already have in your cupboard which work to make your skin look great.
1. Potatoes – who knew? The lowly spud is good for your skin? The potato contains vitamin B & C, which are great for creating a youthful and glowing appearance. The spud also contains high levels of potassium (more than a banana in fact!) and is an essential for regulating many body functions.
2. Avocados – regularly found in skin cream products, the avocado is high in Vitamin B which is important for clear, healthy and smooth skin. You can add it to salad, make a smoothie, or use it as a scrub combined with lemon and honey and apply it directly on your face.
3. Berries – high in vitamin C and antioxidants which are essential for healthy skin – berries are your one stop shop for gorgeous skin that looks and feels young. Blackberries, acai berries, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries – make smoothies from them, use them in a mixed fruit dessert or add them to breakfast cereal.
4. Red & Green veg – carrots and red peppers are full of beta carotene which the body converts to vitamin A an antioxidant that works with the skin against ageing, it is also functions as an anti acne defense. Vitamin A can also be found in, cabbage and spinach which help the skin create new cells and get rid of the old ones, keeping your skin looking youthful and fresh.
5. Nuts & seeds - a great source of protein and fibre, but they also work tremendously well for you rskin. The essential fatty acids work to reduce swelling and inflammation of the, with almonds being helpful against acne, psoriasis and eczema, being a shtey are a natural anti-inflammatory. Walnuts are full of vitamin B, wich is a great additive for yoru skin, while sunflower seeds are the tiny package that pack quite a healthy punch – high in protein and also magnesium essential for youthful looking skin.