White paper or string
- Twist a sheet of newspaper into a tight rod. Cover this with a length of green crepe paper and secure at the top and base with small squares of sellotape.
- Separate the egg carton into separate cups and colour these in a variety of colours.
- Cut five or six slits into each cup and bend the cardboard outwards slightly to create petals.
- Secure the egg cup flowers to the newspaper stems.
- Fill cups or vases with flowers. One child then acts as the florist and the others are customers.
- The customers pick out the flowers they like and the florist makes bouquets using paper or string.