Do you have straight hair and dream of having loose, bouncy curls? If you want to curl your hair but are unsure whether to choose a curling iron or hot rollers to get the look you want, this article may help you make up your mind. Whether the curling iron is better than the hot roller is still undecided, however we have outlined some points on both to give some clarity when you are making the decision on which to buy.
What’s so great about curling irons?
- They are versatile: Curling irons are adaptable and great for last minute touch-ups. They’re useful particularly if you only want to curl a section of your hair rather than the whole head. Curling just a few hairs is more difficult with hot rollers.
- They give you more choice: You can create a range of curl types using a curling iron, from tight ringlets to loose curls. Hot rollers do not give you such a choice over what kind of curls you want.
- You don’t have to wait for curls: Results are immediate with a curling iron, all you do is twist it, hold the curl and there you go. A big plus of the curling iron over hot rollers is that you don’t have to wait to get the bouncy curls you want.
- They may cost less than hot rollers: Curling irons are relatively inexpensive when compared to hot rollers.
- Small and convenient: Some curling irons are so small they can go into your handbag, so they’re great for curls in a hurry! Hot rollers are not so convenient.
What’s so great about hot rollers?
- Great for straight hair: Hot rollers can result in a very dramatic, all over curly look that can work really well on straight hair.
- Work well on washed hair: The best results from hot rollers are on hair that was washed the night before, as sometimes slick hair that has just been washed can resist hot roller curls.
- Full head results: Although hot rollers can work out a bit more expensive than curling irons, they can work great results on your whole head at the one time, often getting the results you want in under one hour.
- Great for multi-tasking: When hot rollers are setting in your hair, you can do other things such as read, use the phone, do washing etc. Your hands are free with hot rollers, unlike curling irons.
There is no straight answer as to which is better, hot rollers or curling irons, it’s up to you!