The best way to transform day makeup into night makeup is to dramatise either the lips or the eyes.
Red is always a great colour to spruce up any day time look. If you are feeling daring, try a dark plum for a dramatic look, or bright pink for a fun girly look.
- Lightly dab a small amount of concealer around the lip line so you can give them shape more easily.
- Fill your lips in with a lip liner that is similar to the lip shade you wish to apply.
- Apply a thin layer of lipstick on top of this.
- Avoid applying gloss. For a dramatic night time lip, it is better to stick to matte and velvety textures.
Smokey eyes are a great look for the evening time, and an easy way to dress up any day time look.
- Following the colour palette of your day time eye make-up, choose a darker colour and blend it into your existing eye makeup starting at the outer corner of your eye.
- Line your eyes with a black pencil eye liner or, for a more intense look, opt for liquid liner.
- Apply two coats of black mascara on both upper and lower lashes to finish the look.