We place cookies onto your computer to help make this website better. Without them, this site would not function correctly or be able to collect information to make your experience better. By continuing to use this site, we'll assume you're OK with this. Read more about our Privacy & Cookies.
About this expert
Mark Whitney is co-founder and Managing Director of Pillar Healthcare Ltd. Beginning his studies in Waterford Institute of Technology and achieving a qualification in business studies, he realised his part-time job in a health store had become his passion and he wanted to learn more. Mark then moved his studies into this area and is now a fully qualified nutritional therapist and sports nutritionist.
Mark and Pillar Healthcare have developed Europe's most therapeutic nutritional product for improving male and female fertility. The nutritional product and program developed by the team at Pillar has been heralded as 'a viable alternative to IVF' in the media and the medical community.
Mark's career to date has focused on providing integrative healthcare advice. As well as working for one of Ireland's largest suppliers of natural products as a specialist and trainer, he has also run a private nutrition clinic specialising in reproductive and endocrinological disorders, which ultimately led him to establishing Pillar Healthcare with business partner Matt Ronan.
Articles by this expert
- Preparing for Pregnancy - A novel concept that makes all the difference
- The connection between infertility and diet
- Sperm health
- Fertility and our age
- Antioxidants: What are they and what do they do?
- Lifestyle tips to improve your fertility
- What you need to know about follicle-stimulating hormone
- Caffeine and fertility
- AMH: What is it?
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Stress, anxiety and relaxation - Can it help and how do I do it?
- The menstrual cycle
- The menstrual cycle: Part 2
- Exercise and fertility
- Fertility and the festive season
- Fertility: Important new lifestyle research for men and women
- This everyday device could be decreasing our fertility
- How to know when you are ovulating
- More everyday objects impairing our fertility
- Your treatment options for endometriosis
- Sperm DNA: What is it and what does it tell me?
- Your thyroid and your fertility
- Winter nutrition
- Unexplained infertility
- Lifestyle advice SHOULD play a greater role in fertility treatment