How many times have you purchased a lip shade, gone home to test it out, and realised it is completely the wrong colour for you? Well, we know how that feels. That’s why we developed these tips and tricks to help you find your perfect lip colour, and finally stop that useless section of makeup from piling up.
- If you want to play it safe, go for a lip colour that’s one or two shades lighter or darker than your natural lip shade.
- Finding your perfect lip shade according to skin tone:
- Fair skin is complimented by colours with blue undertones, especially roses and pinks.
- Olive skin looks better against warm plums and can pull off beiges without looking washed out.
- Dark skin can carry deep, deep crimsons
- Take your hair colour into account. The lighter it is, the brighter your lipstick will appear.
- Finally, consider your teeth. If they are a yellowish hue, wearing colours with blue undertones, such as plums, wines, and pinks, can make them appear whiter. Coral and orange shades however, will add to the problem.