Is it teething time for your little one?

 

A mum and her one-year-old child had a close call in the wee hours of the morning on November 16 in Cork.

 

A fire in a three-storey apartment building on Gerald Griffin Street in Blackpool set off the alarm just after midnight, according to the Irish Examiner.

 

They reported that three units of the Cork City Fire Brigade came to the aid of the building's occupants. The mother and her baby boy were two of the six people rescued from the building.

 

The fire was found in the mum’s first-floor apartment. The firefighters had the fire under control within 20 minutes.

 

The mother and her son were escorted from the building. She suffered minor burns, and the baby was treated for smoke inhalation.

 

The Irish Examiner reported that four other adults who live in the building were also treated for smoke inhalation.

 

The smoke alarms woke up everyone in the apartment building, so thankfully all of the occupants escaped the fire.

 

Gardaí are conducting a forensic investigation into how the fire started. Initial signs seem to indicate that this was an accidental blaze.

Latest

Trending

Hello Mama!
Help us help you by allowing us and our partners to remember your device as having browsed MummyPages and serve you better content and ads

We're on a mission to help our mums and their families thrive by informing, connecting and entertaining.

Join us in our mission by consenting to the use of cookies and IP address recognition by us and our partners to serve you content (including ads) best suited to your interests, both here and around the web.

We promise never to share any other information that may be deemed personal unless you explicitly tell us it's ok.

If you want more info, see our privacy policy.