This week’s Mum Blogger of the Week is Hannah Clarke from Budding Smiles, a parenting and lifestyle blog.
The 28-year-old is mother to Toby, who will be turning one this July, and documents her life as a mum and wife throughout her blog.
The mum-of-one, who lives in the countryside, has worked in childcare for nearly a decade, including schools, nurseries and specialist residential homes so is
She loves reading and music, is passionate about traveling and hopes to raise her little boy to be open-minded and creative.
We caught up with Hannah to see if she would let us in on her parenting secrets, and this is what she said:
1. What is the most important thing you have learned since becoming a mum?
That your instincts and intuition are the most reliable baby manual you'll ever have.
2. What's the most ridiculous/hilarious/unbelievable thing your child has done?
He's only 11-months-old so isn't doing loads yet, but he's recently started trying to hang from my computer desk by his fingertips... I think he'll be a climber like Mummy and Daddy.
3. What's the weirdest thing you've said/done as a parent?
"Toby, please don't climb into the log burner" is a frequent one these days!
4. Name one thing you do that helps keep you sane?
I spend one day a week working from Costa Coffee whilst Toby's at nursery.
5. What is the best piece of advice you would give to other mums?
To always trust your instincts because even if something isn't as bad as you feared (e.g illness) at least you've checked.
6. If you had to choose just one thing that you absolutely love about being a mum, what would it be?
Watching him get cheekier and more confident day by day.