Living with teenagers is tough: if they’re not giving you sass and backchat, they’re leaving a trail of destruction behind them in their bedrooms.


If you and your kids can relate to this, then you all might want to pay heed to Nebraska teen Julia Pechar’s story.


The 18-year-old high school student has left people all over the world gagging, after sharing a photo of her phone charger embedded in her foot.



To say that Julia’s bedroom was a bit of a mess when the accident occurred, on Monday, is a bit of an understatement.


According to Buzzfeed, the teen was lying in bed watching Netflix when she heard her microwave ‘ping’, informing her that her popcorn was ready.


She then swung her legs out of the bed, and her foot landed right on top of her phone charger, which was among the clutter on the floor.



One of the prongs became embedded in her foot, but before her mum pulled the prong out, Julia managed to take a photo. Naturally, the evidence was shared across social media.


“When your room is this messy, you have to accept the consequences of not being able to see where you step,” she wrote, sharing some horrifically graphic images.



Thankfully, Julia went and got checked out, and she is fine – and enjoying her new-found social media fame.


Let’s just hope she has learned from the experience!


Do you have a story that you would love to share with MummyPages? Click here and you could be in with a chance of winning €250.