Weddings are a great way to catch up with family and friends, especially those who live abroad and only make it home for special occasions.
However, attending a wedding pregnant is an ENTIRELY different situation!
If you have ever gone to one fairly close to your due date you'll probably be able to relate to these:
1. Your bump will be touched by people you’ve never met before
And it gets worse the more drinks guests consume.
2. You’ll realise just how ANNOYING drunk people are
"No, you don't want to get up and dance. No, you don't love this song."
3. Your feet will hurt like they’ve never hurt before
High heels can cause quite a bit of pain at the best of times, but when you're swollen all over it feels a whole lot worse!
4. People will rush to grab you a seat
Oh lap up the attention, it won't last long.
5. You’ll be offered tea and cakes to your heart’s content
And it will be magic - although it's usually just because they feel bad for eating the Brie in front of you...
6. You’ll complain about the size of your bump every time someone comments how tiny you are
"But you ARE tiny."
7. Strangers will ask you inappropriate questions, usually about your sex life
"Oh you must have been busy last September..."
8. You will hear "well done for making the effort" at least ten times
And feel like the red carpet should be rolled out for you!
9. You'll realise just how long weddings are
You'll spend quite a lot of your time watching the clock go by.
10. You'll be designated driver
And have to deal with drunken yobs ALL THE WAY HOME.