We instantly know that they plan to lead our flesh and blood into a hell of their own making and we need to do everything in our power to stop it.
Some of us try to hide our true feelings in the hopes that our kids will realise their new buddy is a good-for-nothing so-and-so, while others among us are more vocal in our disdain and tell our offspring in no uncertain terms, that that youngster will never darken our door again.
Whether you’re the type to keep schtum or the type to speak up, we’re all the same in one regard; we think a LOT of thoughts. Some observational, some scathing and some downright ludicrous.
Here ladies, is just ten of those musings.
1. What is their plan with my child exactly?
I mean, what are they up to?
2. Does his mother know he curses more than a character in a Tarantino film?
She probably taught him those words.
3. Why is my child mooning after him like a lap-dog?
Have I taught him nothing?
4. Why does she keep referring to me by my first name?
5. How does she get away with dressing like that?
That child will catch her death.
6. What does he hide every time I walk into the room?
I will call the police if I catch him here again, mark my words.
7. Did he just ask if he could stay the night?
It’s like he’s been sent here to test me.
8. Did she just tell me my own daughter was old enough to do something?
Get out. Get out of my house.
9. Did I just hear him tease my child’s favourite after-school hobby?
I will not be responsible for my actions.
10. Did she just call my husband ‘fit’?
Why, thank you.