For a lot of expectant women, hearing the words ‘we are pregnant’ being uttered by their significant other can push their blood pressure right up... And, to be honest, we can totally see where this is coming from.
Do they have to deal with a little wee leaking out of them when they laugh? No.
Do they have to deal with little kicks, no matter how wonderful they are, every time they sit down to relax? No.
Do they have to sit back and watch their skin being stretched into oblivion? No.
Here are 11 reasons men should not say ‘we are pregnant’
1. They don’t have to grow a little human inside them.
2. Nor have their organs pushed out of the way to make room for them.
3. Their cankles are entirely self-made so you have no sympathy whatsoever...
4. The only reason they are vomiting as soon as they get up is because of a late night – that you were designated driver for.
5. They don’t have to push a watermelon out of their lower region.
6. Nor do they have to deal with milk leaking out of their (man) boobs before baby has even arrived.
7. Their nights are not disturbed by unending heartburn, although you tend to keep them awake with your fidgeting...
8. Their favourite jumper will still fit them in nine months, and if it doesn’t it’s no one’s fault but theirs.
9. They don’t have strangers coming up and rubbing their belly every time they go grocery shopping.
10. They don’t have to talk about their sex life with their next door neighbour (‘Was it planned??’)
11. They are NOT pregnant!
However, while it’s all well and good throwing the above 11 things at them, if them saying “we are pregnant” is their way of feeling included in your journey then let them be – it’s a huge life change for them as well.
SHARE if you can relate.