The school run is already chaotic, frustrating and a mad rush, without adding to the fact that you now have to grow a baby while carrying two school bags and dodge the throngs of people heading toward the school gate.
Yes, pregnancy is an incredible time, but it definitely doesn't make the school run any easier!
1. Finding something to wear in the morning was already a nightmare
But over the course of about eight hours nothing that you have in wardrobe fits... and you've got to get a very reluctant five-year-old into their uniform.
2. Navigating your way through the throngs of school kids is a lot trickier when you’re trying to protect your bump
3. Two words: morning sickness
God help us!
4. The fatigue, especially during the first few weeks, is a KILLER
It takes you (at least) an extra ten years to roll out of bed.
5. Dodging strangers and their belly rubbing is harder when you’re carrying a school bag in each hand
You have yet to master subtle belly dodging moves.
6. Being CONSTANTLY asked if you’ve decided on a name
Usually from someone screaming from the other side of the lollipop person.
7. The amount of times you're stopped by curious mums means you're CONSTANTLY late for work
EVERY. SINGLE. MORNING.
8. Getting stuck in traffic often results in tears
At least you can blame the hormones on this one!