We must admit there have been many times when we’ve forgotten to power off the electric shower at home. It’s one little thing you always forget about when rushing around in the morning. Mum duties and the hectic morning routine leave your head feeling frazzled, especially when it’s 7am and you haven’t had any coffee.


It’s a common mistake many of us make, but the Dublin Fire Brigade have shared a shocking image of the consequences of leaving the electric shower powered on.


They posted a photo of the remains of an electric shower that caught fire during the week. They tweeted: “Electric shower at home? Always turn off power to the shower at the isolation switch when finished.”



The team responded to a fire on the morning of July 23. They said: “We had fire engines from Kilbarrack and North Strand at this shower fire earlier.”


Luckily, the quick thinking homeowners shut the bathroom door to prevent the fire from spreading. “The owners closed the doors on the fire which limited damage to the bathroom.”


Thankfully, the damage was limited and nobody was seriously harmed, but this incident serves as a warning to us all.



We may think leaving the shower switched on is no big deal, but this photo proves that it is extremely dangerous and is a major risk to our safety.


We’ll certainly be more conscious of leaving the electric shower switched on from here on out.




Hello Mama!
Help us help you by allowing us and our partners to remember your device as having browsed MummyPages and serve you better content and ads

We're on a mission to help our mums and their families thrive by informing, connecting and entertaining.

Join us in our mission by consenting to the use of cookies and IP address recognition by us and our partners to serve you content (including ads) best suited to your interests, both here and around the web.

We promise never to share any other information that may be deemed personal unless you explicitly tell us it's ok.

If you want more info, see our privacy policy.