Staying hydrated is a very important thing for everyone, especially for pregnant women.
Having said that, new research has revealed that it can be dangerous for pregnant women to drink from certain plastic bottles.
BPA is a chemical found in many plastics, and it can be toxic if ingested in high doses.
A recent study by The Endocrine Society found that exposure to BPA in pregnancy may increase the risk of obesity in the woman's unborn child.
“Our findings show that bisphenol A can promote obesity in mice by altering the hypothalamic circuits in the brain that regulate feeding behaviour and energy balance,” said Dr. Alfonso Abizaid, senior author of the study.
A previous study found that BPA exposure could increase the risk of miscarriage in women already in high risk situations, and has been found to negatively affect fertility in high levels.
Moral of the story: go for a glass of water, rather than a bottle.