A 17 -year-old Indian boy woke up en route to his own funeral after his family assumed he had died.


Kumar Marewad, came down with a high fever after being bitten by a dog, and his condition deteriorated in hospital.


Doctors had told relatives to prepare for the worst, according to The Mirror.



Kumar's parents decided to take him off a life-support machine to spend his final hours at home.


After some time, they assumed the teenager was dead as he'd stopped moving and breathing.


They were preparing for his funeral and had carrried Kumar for two kilometres, when the teen suddenly opened his eyes and started breathing again. 



His relieved family rushed the boy to hospital where he is now on a ventilator.


It's believed the teen could be suffering from an infection known as meningoencephalitis, caused by the dog bite.