Christmas is all about spending time with your loved ones, from decorating the tree to ice skating, there are so many things we love to do with our families when December rolls round.
We have found the perfect family event for you and your tiny tots to enjoy this weekend.
The 2017 Smithfield Lights event is back and bigger than ever. The festive family event is set to take place on Sunday, November 26.
This is the main family Christmas event in Dublin and a must for all families looking for an evening of fun, festive entertainment.
There are plenty of activities to enjoy from face painting to an outdoor screening of a classic Christmas movie.
Families can enjoy a wide range of children’s festive entertainment including workshops, a vintage carousel and an outdoor screening of the classic Christmas movie, The Snowman.
There will also be market stalls with a range of delicious foods, arts and crafts.
Speaking about the announcement of ‘Smithfield Lights’, Ardmhéara Mícheál Mac Donncha said; “I invite Dubliners, visitors and all, to come and soak up the festive atmosphere, enjoy the entertainment and meet some special guests. Beidh fáilte mór romhaibh í Margadh na Feirme.”
The main tree lighting event will take place at approximately 7.10pm, with VIP Santa, The Lord Mayor and special guests in attendance.
The event will be presented by broadcaster Andrea Hayes and will feature music from the Stanhope Street Girls Choir, Red Empire and headline act The Riptide Movement will take to the stage for a special performance at 7.20pm.
The ‘Smithfield Lights’ schedule includes:
- Market Stalls open at 3.00pm
- Snow Globe, Carousel, Children’s Workshops & Face Painting open at 4.00pm
- Screening of movie The Snowman at 5.00pm – 5.30pm
- Sam Maguire on display at 5.00pm – 6.00pm
- Performance from Stanhope Street Girls Choir at 5.45pm – 6.05pm
- Performance from Red Empire 6.15pm – 7.00pm
- Children’s Workshops & Face Painting finishes at 7.00pm
- Lord Mayor gives a short speech on stage with Santa, Switching on Christmas Tree lights at approximately 7.10pm/7.15pm
- Performance from The Riptide Movement at 7.20pm – 8.00pm
- All Entertainment (Carousel, Snow Globe etc) finishes at 8.00pm
- Christmas Market remains open until 9.00pm
We couldn’t think of a better way to spend a Sunday. Soak up the Christmas spirit this weekend from 3 pm on November 26 at the Smithfield Lights event. This is one Christmas event that you can’t miss!