Enjoy my top tips for getting in shape for the New Year!
1. Eat more green veg. Try just adding an extra portion to each meal so that it makes up half of your plate.
2. Move more; i.e. get over 10,000 steps a day. Walk the dog further (and faster), take the stairs, walk to the Dart station, get off a bus stop early.
3. Get a training partner or group to stay accountable.
4. Be consistent. There is no point in eating healthily for two weeks - or even four weeks - if it’s not sustainable. Finding what works and making long-term changes is way more important than a short-term ‘magic fix’.
5. Do what you enjoy. Ever realised it’s not a chore when you enjoy it? What is it that you enjoy? Think about it… then do it.
6. Drink more water: the single most important thing we put into our body for optimal health.
7. Train with resistance - i.e. lift weights or your body weight to boost metabolism, and to help you carry out everyday movements more effiiciently and, of course, to help burn fat.
8. Cut out the crap food. No need to elaborate.
9. Prepare your food so it’s at hand when you are hungry. Ever gone shopping hungry? NOT a good idea!
10. Work. Freaking. Hard. Getting in shape doesn’t happen by cutting corners.
Please feel free to jump into my free Facebook community, ‘All Things Healthy With Damian’, for daily tips, recipes and accountability to help get you in the best shape of your life in a group of like-minded people.
Check out the link, here