Long gone are the days of romantic dinners at home or in a fancy restaurant... instead you'll probably all be eating chicken nuggets and beans, watching a movie that you've all seen at least ten times before.
Yes, while the romatic aspect may no longer be a priority (or an option), that doesn't mean you should dismiss it altogether.
In fact, it is a great excuse to get the whole family together, especially if you get to go to some of these places!
1. Head to Dublin Zoo, Co. Dublin
2. Take a trip up the Cliffs of Moher, Co. Clare
3. Have a go on the rides at Tayto Park, Co. Meath
4. Enjoy a picnic in Killarney National Park, Co. Kerry
5. Fota Wildlife Park is a good one for animal-lovers, Co. Cork
6. Have a splash at Waterworld, Co. Donegal
7. Hire a bike at Waterford Greenway Cycle Tours & Bike Hire, Co. Waterford.
8. Learn a thing or two at Arigna Mining Experience, Co. Roscommon
9. For something a little different, The National Reptile Zoo would be a good shout, Co. Kilkenny
10. Why not have a wander around Dunsandle Castle? Co. Galway
11. Or if your little ones are into horses, the National Stud Farm is a great idea, Co. Kildare
Do you go to a special place on Valentine's Day? Share here and you could be in with a chance of winning €250.