Today, our hearts go out to the family of a 12-year-old boy who reportedly died this week after participating in a dangerous online ‘game’.


According to reports, Karnel Haughton passed away in his native Birmingham after taking part in a social media ‘challenge’ that requires the player to choke themselves, cutting off the oxygen supply to their brain. The player is said to film the ordeal and then share it to social media.


The Mirror reports that Karnel was discovered unconscious on Wednesday, by his mother. He was then rushed to hospital, where he sadly died shortly after.


While the police are currently treating Karnel’s death as ‘unexplained’, it is claimed that his friends came forward to inform the authorities that he had been discussing this shocking ‘game’ before his untimely passing.


A friend of the family, who has set up a GoFundMe page (link here) for the Haughtons, proceeded to send out a warning about the game to children and parents alike.


“For all the children out there that know it as the choking game please be aware of the consequences. Karnel was the most beautiful boy anybody would come across; popular, confident, and a cheeky little lad,” the friend wrote.


Our thoughts and prayers are with the family at this devastating time.


SHARE to make other parents aware of this dangerous ‘game’.