You may not be ready to tell people that you’re pregnant just yet but it can sometimes be a difficult thing to hide. Your expanding body is the first give away but your change in lifestyle might also have a few people wondering. Here are a few useful tips on how to hide your pregnancy for a while until you are ready to tell people the good news.
- You might be starting to show but hold off on the maternity clothes for a little while longer. Instead find some loose fitting tops or dresses that are already in your wardrobe.
- Your belly isn’t the only part of you getting bigger – your breasts will too. If it doesn’t look too out of place, try wearing a scarf that will cover at least part of your chest.
- If your weight gain is evident, complain about how you haven’t been able to exercise and that you’ve gained a few extra pounds.
- You may have to avoid social situations where drink is involved as ordering a mineral can be a dead giveaway. If you have to attend an event where people are drinking, try ordering a drink with a slice of lime in it so that it will look as if you’re having a drink. Or you could also tell people that you’re on antibiotics and so aren’t able to drink.
- Keep the ‘doctors appointments’ to a minimum. Use other excuses that won’t raise any eyebrows like you must go to the dentist or the plumber is calling to your house.
- People may find it hard to believe that you have ditched your morning coffee so instead switch to decaf.