A recent survey of pregnant women found that, astonishingly, 62% of pregnant women did not experience any cravings during their pregnancy. The other 38% said the following were the most common cravings they had:
  • Chocolate (no surprise there ladies!)
  • Ice cream
  • Oranges
  • Sweets
  • Crisps
  • Cheese
  • Jelly
There were a few other interesting findings. The survey showed that 71% would prefer not to know the sex of their baby. The majority of pregnancies are planned with 83% saying they were not surprised when they found out they were expecting. 85% of the women surveyed said they would be returning to work after maternity leave.
The results of the survey were announced to mark the SMA Know How Pregnancy & Baby Fair, which took place on April 14th & 15th in Dublin’s RDS and April 21st & 22nd in Cork’s City Hall.