- Cooking oil
- Large bowl
- Plastic bottle
- Baking tray
- Red food colouring
- Washing up liquid
- Baking soda
- Mix together 800g of flour, 250g of salt, 4 tablespoons of cooking oil and 500g of water in a large bowl.
- Combine the ingredients together using your hands until the mixture is firm. Stand the bottle upright in the middle of the tray.
- Mould the dough around the bottle until it resembles a cone but don't cover the bottle top.
- Fill the bottle nearly to the top with warm water and sprinkle in a few drops of food colouring.
- Pour 6 drops of detergent into the bottle and add 2 tablespoons of baking soda.
- Gradually pour vinegar into the bottle. Your volcano will begin to fizz and spurt red lava!
When baking soda and vinegar are mixed together it forms a chemical reaction.