Taking your kids to the dentist is just one of those not-particularly-nice trips that you'll have to make.
And while it is for their own good and you know they are in safe hands, it doesn't stop mums doing or feeling the following ten things!
1. Cower in shame
Because you know that your little one just ate a bag of crisps and the evidence is still there...
2. Feel like you are back at school
Thankfully, it’s not you on the chair.
3. The guilt as your little one trembles in fear is almost too much
If you could take their place you would – or not.... (see point two)
4. Your own fear will come flooding back
And you’ll spend your time masking it.
5. Lie about the amount of sweets you let your child have
You just can’t deal with the looks.
6. Secretly sigh in relief knowing that it’s not you sitting on the chair
7. Spend the first half reassuring your child
“It’s ok, dear”
8. And the second half trying to get them off the chair
It can get a little comfy there.
9. Nod when the dentist explains what they’ve done
Even though you haven’t a clue what they’re saying
10. Race out the door when it's over
Before they can get near your mouth...