One-year-old Hanhang spent ten days with a chopstick stuck up his nose after he fell while eating chow mein.

 

The horrific incident happened in Chaoyang City and the youngster’s parents immediately rushed him to hospital after removing the object from his nose. However, what doctors failed to noticed was that a piece of the chopstick remained in the young boy’s brain and it went on to become infected.

 

In conversation with CEN, Yu Liao, Hanhang’s mother said: “When we got home after our first visit to the hospital, my husband broke all the chopsticks in half and threw them away as we were worried something like this could happen again. But we had no idea there was still one inside of his head.”

 

It wasn’t until the youngster started to show signs of drowsiness and vomiting that his parents took him back to the hospital for a check up. It wasn’t until this second visit that doctors found the rest of the chopstick.

 

While Dr. Li Shaovi told CEN that “after removing the remaining six centimetres his condition improved immediately” the youngster must remain in hospital “for further treatment” as he now has a brain infection.

 

The incident highlights the dangers of letting kids have sharp, dangerous objects

Latest

Trending

Hello Mama!
Help us help you by allowing us and our partners to remember your device as having browsed MummyPages and serve you better content and ads

We're on a mission to help our mums and their families thrive by informing, connecting and entertaining.

Join us in our mission by consenting to the use of cookies and IP address recognition by us and our partners to serve you content (including ads) best suited to your interests, both here and around the web.

We promise never to share any other information that may be deemed personal unless you explicitly tell us it's ok.

If you want more info, see our privacy policy.