We place cookies onto your computer to help make this website better. Without them, this site would not function correctly or be able to collect information to make your experience better. By continuing to use this site, we'll assume you're OK with this. Read more about our Privacy & Cookies.
How to make your own party pinata
This is so much fun to make leading up to a birthday party and much simpler than it looks.
What you need:
- Cardboard/Old Cereal box
- Coloured Tissue paper
- Pritt Stick
- Pip Cleaners
- Using a ruler draw out the number of your choice in the cardboard. I chose the number one. The size is up to you, my one is 18 inches tall. Cut out two identical pieces of your shape.
- Next cut out three inch wide strips to use to cover the sides of your piñata.
- Using the tape assemble your pinata matching the edges neatly. Leave a flap open and untaped at the top of your pinata.
- Cut two inch wide strips in from your coloured tissue paper and snip a fringe halfway up one side. Use as many colours as you like.
- Once you have prepared all your tissue paper start gluing the fringing onto your pinata.I put roughly three layers of each colour on my pinata.
- Overlap the tissue paper so that the only part that gets shown is the fringe, the unfringed part is the bit you glue down.
- When you have finished covering your pinata cut small holes in the flap at the top and corresponding holes in the part that is taped down and string a pipe cleaner through the holes to secure your pinata. Add string to hang.
- Fill with sweets and treats of your choice!