Claudia Winkleman and her family are coming to terms with a horrific incident at Halloween that saw their daughter Matilda suffer burns.

 

Eight-year-old Matilda was burnt badly when the costume she was wearing caught fire – and now the man who saved her has spoken out.

 

Jamie Poulton, a restaurant owner from London, was attending a Halloween get together when the incident occurred: “All the children were wearing the same kit. It was like a potential horror film in front of me, because they were all going to go” Jamie told the Daily Mail.

 

“This material just keeps reigniting and re-burning. And it is sticky, so it melts on the skin. It doesn’t cinder. It remains hot. It was horrific to be honest.”

 

However, Jamie has insisted he is far from a hero, despite suffering second-degree burns on his hands in his efforts to save Claudia’s little girl: “Any parent would have done exactly the same thing so I don’t think there is anything heroic about it.”

 

Meanwhile, Claudia has taken a leave of absence from her slot as Strictly Come Dancing co-presenter to be by her daughter’s bedside as she recovers from severe burns to her legs.

 

We hope Matilda a speedy recovery – what an awful thing for any parent and child to have to go through. 

Latest

Trending

Hello Mama!
Help us help you by allowing us and our partners to remember your device as having browsed MummyPages and serve you better content and ads

We're on a mission to help our mums and their families thrive by informing, connecting and entertaining.

Join us in our mission by consenting to the use of cookies and IP address recognition by us and our partners to serve you content (including ads) best suited to your interests, both here and around the web.

We promise never to share any other information that may be deemed personal unless you explicitly tell us it's ok.

If you want more info, see our privacy policy.