A tragic incident in New Hampshire has put two young brothers into hospital after an unsecured bouncy castle blew away with the boys inside.
 
The boys were at a Halloween festival in New Hampshire when they climbed into a bouncy castle in a restricted area of the farm.
 
It had been inflated in order to dry it out after rain, but was not secured to the ground or safe for use.
 
While the two boys, age two and three, were playing inside, a gust of wind swept the bouncy castle into the air.
 
“We see the bouncy house come up off the ground and slam right back down to the place that it was and then it takes off about 60-70 feet in the air, and it travels maybe about 100-150 feet away and slams both of our children down into the ground," said Brian, the boys’ father.
 
The two-year-old boy was critically injured and was airlifted to hospital. The older boy was also injured, but is expected to fully recover.
 
The organisers of the festival are shocked by the terrible accident.
 
"This is so unfortunate, it wasn't meant to be used. I just hope the kids are OK," farmer Gary Bergeron told reporters.
 
"It was in a restricted area. It wasn't open to the public and it was unfortunate, two kids got into it and some wind picked it up and took it away with the kids in it."
 
The incident is being investigated by Nashua Police and Fire, and the State Fire Marshal's Office.

Latest

Trending

Hello Mama!
Help us help you by allowing us and our partners to remember your device as having browsed MummyPages and serve you better content and ads

We're on a mission to help our mums and their families thrive by informing, connecting and entertaining.

Join us in our mission by consenting to the use of cookies and IP address recognition by us and our partners to serve you content (including ads) best suited to your interests, both here and around the web.

We promise never to share any other information that may be deemed personal unless you explicitly tell us it's ok.

If you want more info, see our privacy policy.