Your Child’s Development
- Always make sure to give your child lots of attention and love. Holding your child, hugging your child, and listening to your child are the best ways to show your child he is important and to give him a sense of security.
- Talking, singing, playing, eating, and reading to your child are also great ways to show him that he are special and important to you. It also allows you to learn about your child's interests and skills and teaches your child that you care about his likes and dislikes.
- Read every day! Children who are read to by a parent are known to have larger vocabularies than children who were not read to. Additionally, reading gives your child a chance to use his imagination and learn about the world he lives in. Besides, story-time is one of the best ways to bond with your child.
- Behaviour is another very important factor that affects a child’s environment. This is where your good parenting skills come into play. When a child learns good behaviour he tends to flourish in all settings.
- Make sure to set limits on television and video games. Although there are some good learning opportunities on television and videos, these items are no substitute for parental involvement.
- Lastly, always be loving and encouraging. A child who feels loved and respected stands a much better chance at being successful in life.