Nine young British schoolchildren are being treated in hospital following a suspected carbon monoxide leak at a hotel in Northern Spain.


They are believed to be part of a school group staying at the four-star Hotel Campomar in a village called Isla, according to The Sun.


Five people are reported to be seriously injured following the incident, however, it’s believed none of the British schoolchildren are among this group.


A number of other youngsters are believed to have undergone medical assessments following the suspected leak.



Local police confirmed that several of the British students had been taken to Marques de Valdecilla Hospital in Santander.


A group of pensioners from Malaga are also believed to be affected the suspected carbon monoxide leak.


More on this story to follow.