Funds are being raised for the Irish family of a six-month-old baby who suffered terrible injuries in a fire in Doha, Qatar. 
 
Sinead Soffe was at the family home in Doha when she heard her daughter crying during her morning nap. Going to see if her little girl was okay, the mum was horrified to find the room filled with smoke and the cot that baby Elizabeth was in, on fire.
 
Elizabeth’s cot had been underneath an A/C fan, which is believed to have started the fire.
 
Baby Elizabeth was brought to the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit of Hamad Hospital with burns on 60 per cent of her body.
 
The little girl was later taken to a Birmingham in the UK to undergo treatment for her injuries.
 
All of the family’s belongings were lost in the fire at the home and YouCaring.com’s fundraiser for the little girl says: “Little Elizabeth will need to stay in the UK for possibly a year. The family need to stay close to her and her medical bills are growing. We are starting a fund to help Elizabeth and her family.”
 
 

Latest

Trending

Hello Mama!
Help us help you by allowing us and our partners to remember your device as having browsed MummyPages and serve you better content and ads

We're on a mission to help our mums and their families thrive by informing, connecting and entertaining.

Join us in our mission by consenting to the use of cookies and IP address recognition by us and our partners to serve you content (including ads) best suited to your interests, both here and around the web.

We promise never to share any other information that may be deemed personal unless you explicitly tell us it's ok.

If you want more info, see our privacy policy.