A mother has spoken of her relief and gratitude after a trio of strangers saved her eight-month-old’s life recently, when she choked on a piece of banana at a music festival.

 

According to the Birmingham Mail, a doctor and two paramedics – who were all off duty at the time – saved little Beatrice Canning’s life, after she got into trouble on a family day out at Birmingham’s Cotteridge Park.

 

Beatrice was attending the festival with her parents and three-year-old big brother when she got into trouble, while eating her snack.

 

 

Shocked mum Sarah told the local newspaper that she ‘thought she had lost her’ – until, that is, these quick-thinking strangers stepped in.

 

“One minute Beatrice was eating some banana…the next, her body went limp and her eyes rolled to the back of her head. I am pretty sure she had stopped breathing…I rushed her to the First Aid tent, and a doctor seemed to appear from nowhere and save her life,” recalled Sarah.

 

Sara is now trying to track the brave trio down, in a bid to thank them in person for saving her precious daughter’s life.

 

Thank heavens for these everyday heroes.

 

SHARE to spread the word and, hopefully, put Sarah in touch with these heroes.

24 Shares

Latest

Trending

Hello Mama!
Help us help you by allowing us and our partners to remember your device as having browsed MummyPages and serve you better content and ads

We're on a mission to help our mums and their families thrive by informing, connecting and entertaining.

Join us in our mission by consenting to the use of cookies and IP address recognition by us and our partners to serve you content (including ads) best suited to your interests, both here and around the web.

We promise never to share any other information that may be deemed personal unless you explicitly tell us it's ok.

If you want more info, see our privacy policy.