A mum’s little bit of happiness is...
Filed under: MummyBloggers
No matter how much of a tough day you are having, there are always things that make it that little bit better, something blogger Franziska Foerster McLoughlin from Queen of My Castle knows about.
The mum-of-four used to work for a multinational corporate and ventured into blogging to share her experiences, joys and frustrations of being a mum.
Here she tells us exactly what happiness means to her:
*Warning* This post contains the word Poo.
1. Opening the dishwasher and it’s not washed! EVERY time I open the dishwasher to put something in, there is a clean load grinning at me waiting to be unloaded.
2. When the kids play by themselves without needing a referee, mediator or judge long enough for me to enjoy my afternoon coffee and a sneaky biscuit. *Bliss*
3. When the extremely fussy eater child tries a dinner for the first time without gagging or hours of coercion. That’s called a success in my world!
4. When the three-year-old boy child replies to anything I say with something other than “willy” or “poo-poo”
5. When I did my chores around the house and get to appreciate the fruits of my labour for 3, 2, 1 seconds and gone ……. The hurricanes have arrived.
6. When I get to have a conversation with one child without the other one trying to outtalk them or talk over them as loud as they can. As soon as one child starts talking the other one has something REALLY, REALLY important to say as well.
7. When I take my eyes off Baby for two seconds and he hasn’t tried to eat the entire contents of the coal bucket.
8. When I get to sleep in my bed for an entire night without having to play musical beds.
9. When I manage to reunite an odd sock with it’s long lost twin - this whole sock thing is a modern day mystery!
10. When I manage to leave the house not covered in snot or other child-related stains.
11. When the kids sleep past 7am. It equals winning the lottery! Happens almost never.
12. When I make it through one morning cuddle without a face grab or a fistful of hair being displaced from my scalp.
13. Dancing around the house to the soundtrack of Jake and the Neverland Pirates like you’re pumping up the jam.
14. When my daughter tells me I am prettier than a unicorn! Nawwwwww!
15. When I think we are out of toothpaste but Hold it. Everyone relax. the kids left a giant blob in the sink.
16. When I say “I am not going to tell you again” and only have to repeat it another five times or so.
17. A big pack of antibacterial wet wipes. Fullstop.
18. Confirming that the brown stuff on your kids hands is, as suspected, Nutella. Phew! I have been known to suspect wrong once or twice.
19. When I think Baby has a pooey nappy, I do the smell test (aka inhaling a faceful of baby bum) and establish it was a false alarm!
20. When it’s past 8.30pm on a school night and I persuade myself to watch a movie despite of the time. ‘Cos that’s how I roll. I am crazy that way.
For more of her mummy musings don't forget to follow Queen of My Castle's Facebook and Twitter pages.
SHARE if you totally agree with Franziska.
We're on a mission to help our mums and their families thrive by informing, connecting and entertaining.
We promise never to share any other information that may be deemed personal unless you explicitly tell us it's ok.